Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh my lord! I stopped by Nora's house today and to my surprise, I saw Krogstad! My old lover from before I was married. Oh, what a dear he was... we had true love. I couldn't say anything to him regarding our past, but Nora does know now that we've met before. He's become a widower, as I've become a widow. He was left with some children, I'm not sure what ages but he's all alone now... Those could've been my children, then neither of us would have had to go through so much in life. But I suppose it's much easier to lose someone you do not love. I did not love my husband at all. My marriage to him was not for love, but for stability, for a roof over my head.

NORA: "Tell me, is it really true you didn't love your husband? Why did you marry him, then?"

MRS. LINDE: "Well, my mother was still alive; and she was helpless and bed-ridden. And I had my two little brothers to take care of. I didn't feel I could say no."

imgres.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment